Water, Waata, Agua, Eau, Dlo, Maji, Omi, Amanzi , Mvura
I recently mentioned to a friend of mine that I had been feeling really tired for the past few weeks. The response I got was "are you drinking enough water" I thought about it and then challenged myself to start drinking 2 litres of water per day and within a week I stopped feeling tired. There are a lot of people who do not drink enough water each day and walk around dehydrated? This is not to say that this is the cure for everyone feeling tired, but drinking water has so many great health benefits.
Whilst doing speaking engagements on health, I am always asked how best to start drinking water. My response is start small and build. Even if you can only drink one mouth full per day start with that and increase it.
According to herballegacy.com,
• Sixty to seventy percent of the human body contains water.
• The brain is composed of approximately 70% water, and the lungs are nearly 90% water.
• Lean muscle tissue contains approximately 75% water by weight;
• Body fat contains 10% water and bone has 22% water.
• About 83% of our blood is water, which helps digest our food, transport waste, and control body temperature.
• Each day humans must replace at least 2.5 quarts of water, some through drinking and the rest taken by the body from the foods we eat.
• Increases Energy & Relieves Fatigue
• Promotes Weight Loss
• Flushes Out Toxins
• Improves Skin Complexion
• Maintains Regularity
• Boosts Immune System
• Natural Headache Remedy
• Prevents Cramps & Sprains
• Usually, water acts as a natural remedy to achieve a super glowing skin. Most people are ignorant of the skin benefits of drinking water. Since, water flushes out the toxins and waste from the body, acts as a body purifier.
• If you are worried of your body weight, then you should focus on drinking lots of water. Hot lemon water can help losing weight faster. It also facilitates in keeping your heart healthy. Hence, it is necessary to drink lots of water and other fluids throughout the day. This will enhance your mind and body fitness.
• Experts rate water as the second oxygen to the body. It is impossible for a person to survive more days without water. You would be surprised to know that about 60-70 percent of body weight consists of water and it is necessary for performing daily functions
Did you also know that a 2% drop in body water can trigger: fuzzy short-term memory, trouble with basic maths and difficulty focusing on the computer screen or a printed page? Caffeine has a diuretic effect, pulling water out of cells and the body, further promoting dehydration.
So in order to help you kick start you water consumption journey here are some fruit infused water ideas you can try. In addition you can also start trying the many different kinds of bottled water available in shops, pubs, clubs and supermarkets everywhere.