* 500g chestnut mushrooms
* 2 cloves of garlic
* 5 cm / thumb size piece of ginger
* 1 onion
* 3 medium plum tomatoes
* groundnut oil
* 1 teaspoon turmeric
* 1 teaspoon fenugreek
* 1 teaspoon yellow mustard seeds
* 1 heaped teaspoon medium curry powder
* 1-2 heaped teaspoons Caribbean season all
* 1 tablespoon mango chutney
* 1 x 400 ml tin of light coconut milk
* 1/2 cup Lentils (red or green speckled )
1. Roughly chop some of the mushrooms, keeping the smaller ones whole and tearing up the rest. Tip into a large pan and toast on the stove over a medium heat for 5 to 8 minutes, until soft
2. Meanwhile, peel and finely slice the garlic, ginger and onion, then roughly chop the tomatoes.
3. Add the garlic, ginger and onion to the pan, then add 1 tablespoon of oil and the spices (turmeric, fenugreek, mustard seeds) . Stir for 2 minutes, or until the spices are toasted and it’s smelling lovely, stirring continuously.
4. Add the tomatoes, mango chutney and coconut milk and lentils, stir to combine and season well with sea salt and black pepper.
5. Cook for 30 minutes, or until all cooked through
6. Spoon the curry over some rice, or Bulgar wheat
vegan cook, author