Topping - Fresh strawberries
Frosting - strawberry jam / vegan butter cream icing
1- Grease x2 round baking tins ( can be 20cm, 23cm or 25cm diameter, which is 8 inches, 9 inch es or 10 inchesPreheat oven to 180c / 350f / Gas mark
2 - In a large bowl mix together the self-raising flour, sugar and baking powder
3 - Add the almond milk, oil and vanilla and stir until just combined - tap the bowl on your work surface so that the baking powder doesn’t start working too quickly
4 - Divide the mixture into the baking tins, tap your tins in the work surface again to pop all the bubbles in the mixture
5 - Bake for 20-25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the middle comes out clean
6 - Cool for 2O minutes in the baking tins then transfer them to a wire wrack to finish cooling
7 - Decorate with fresh strawberries , jam and buttercream
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 20 minutes
1. Take a pan and place it over medium low heat
2. Add all of the ingredients and stir them until fully combined
3. Cook for about 5-10 minutes, making sure that the lid is on
4. Remove the lid and keep cooking until any excess liquid goes away
5. Once the rice is soft and creamy, enjoy!
Nutrition (Per Serving)
Prep Time: 30 minutes
Cook Time: nil
1. Add ½ cup chopped hazelnuts in a food processor and blend
2. Add vanilla extract, cocoa powder, maple syrup and blend again
3. Roll 10 hazelnuts in cocoa powder mix and dip in the chopped hazelnut mixture
4. Roll the dough and make 10 balls
5. Freeze them for 20 minutes and serve!
Nutrition (Per Serving)
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 30 minutes
1. Take a small-sized saucepan and mix in apple juice, water, bring the mix to a boil
2. Add half cup oatmeal, cook for 1 minute
3. Add pecans, cinnamon, fruit pieces
4. Stir well, add your desired fruit as a topping
Nutrition (Per Serving)
Pasta Sauce Recipe
Roughly chop the tomatoes
heat the oil in the casserole, then add the onion and garlic and let them gently cook for 5-6 minutes, until they are softened and pale gold in colour.
Now add the chopped tomatoes with about a third of the basil, torn into pieces. Add some salt and freshly milled black pepper,
then all you do is give everything a good stir and let the tomatoes simmer on a very low heat, without a lid, for approximately 1½ - 1¾ hours or until almost all the liquid has evaporated and the tomatoes are reduced to a thick, jam-like consistency, stirring now and then.
Next use a hand blender to whizz the sauce, but not too much, and stir in the rest of the torn basil leaves, and serve on pasta, with some freshly grated vegan Parmigiano Reggiano. When serving this sauce, it is a good idea to give the pasta 1 minute less cooking time than you usually would, then return it to the casserole after draining and give 1 more minute while you mix in the sauce.
• 4 tablespoons self raising flour (can also use oat or spelt flour)
• 1/8 teaspoon baking powder
• 1/2 small banana
• 1/4 teaspoon mixed spice (or cinnamon )
• 2 tablespoons maple syrup
• 1 tablespoon almond milk
• Small handful of raisin
1. Mix flour, baking powder, and mixed spice.
2. Mash banana and mix with maple syrup and almond milk.
3. Mix wet mix with the flour mix.
4. Add raisins
5. Pour in mug and top with a few more raisins
6. Microwave 1-2 minutes until cooked.
Vegan Peanut Butter Brownie Mug Cake
1/4 cup flour,
1/4 cup sugar,
2 TB cocoa powder,
1/8 ts baking powder,
2 TB oil,
4 TB almond milk
1 tablespoon of peanut butter
Peanut butter and banana flapjacks
50g vegan butter, plus a little extra for greasing
2 tbsp smooth peanut butter
3 tbsp maple syrup (or agave syrup )
2 ripe bananas, mashed 1 apple, peeled and grated
250g rolled oats 100g raisins 85g mixed seeds (i.e. pumpkin and sunflower)
50g brown sugar
1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
1- preheat oven to 160C/140C fan/gas 3.
2- Grease and line a 20cm square tin with baking parchment.
3- Heat the butter, peanut butter and maple syrup in a small pan until melted.
4- Add the mashed banana, apple and 100ml hot water, and mix to combine.
5- Tip the oats, the raisins and the seeds into a large bowl.
6- Pour in the combined banana and apple and stir until everything is coated by the wet mixture.
7- Tip into the cake tin and level the surface.
8- combine topping ingredients together in a blender and sprinkle evenly on top
9- Bake for 55 mins until golden.
10- Leave to cool in the tin. 11- Cut into 12 pieces to serve (or store in an airtight container in the fridge. )
3. Remove from the heat. Stir in 1 tablespoon of the agave syrup and lemon juice. Taste and add more agave syrup or lemon juice as needed
4. Add the chia seeds and stir to combine.
5. Let stand 5 minutes, until thickened. If you want it thicker, stir in more chia seeds 1 teaspoon at a time.