• 4 tablespoons self raising flour (can also use oat or spelt flour)
• 1/8 teaspoon baking powder
• 1/2 small banana
• 1/4 teaspoon mixed spice (or cinnamon )
• 2 tablespoons maple syrup
• 1 tablespoon almond milk
• Small handful of raisin
1. Mix flour, baking powder, and mixed spice.
2. Mash banana and mix with maple syrup and almond milk.
3. Mix wet mix with the flour mix.
4. Add raisins
5. Pour in mug and top with a few more raisins
6. Microwave 1-2 minutes until cooked.
Vegan Peanut Butter Brownie Mug Cake
1/4 cup flour,
1/4 cup sugar,
2 TB cocoa powder,
1/8 ts baking powder,
2 TB oil,
4 TB almond milk
1 tablespoon of peanut butter
Peanut butter and banana flapjacks
50g vegan butter, plus a little extra for greasing
2 tbsp smooth peanut butter
3 tbsp maple syrup (or agave syrup )
2 ripe bananas, mashed 1 apple, peeled and grated
250g rolled oats 100g raisins 85g mixed seeds (i.e. pumpkin and sunflower)
50g brown sugar
1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
1- preheat oven to 160C/140C fan/gas 3.
2- Grease and line a 20cm square tin with baking parchment.
3- Heat the butter, peanut butter and maple syrup in a small pan until melted.
4- Add the mashed banana, apple and 100ml hot water, and mix to combine.
5- Tip the oats, the raisins and the seeds into a large bowl.
6- Pour in the combined banana and apple and stir until everything is coated by the wet mixture.
7- Tip into the cake tin and level the surface.
8- combine topping ingredients together in a blender and sprinkle evenly on top
9- Bake for 55 mins until golden.
10- Leave to cool in the tin. 11- Cut into 12 pieces to serve (or store in an airtight container in the fridge. )
3. Remove from the heat. Stir in 1 tablespoon of the agave syrup and lemon juice. Taste and add more agave syrup or lemon juice as needed
4. Add the chia seeds and stir to combine.
5. Let stand 5 minutes, until thickened. If you want it thicker, stir in more chia seeds 1 teaspoon at a time.
Quick and Easy Bread Rolls
These can be made with just white flour or, for a healthier version, just whole-wheat or spelt flour
1- Preheat oven to 350f / 180c or gas mark 4
2- Pour the drained chickpeas into a food processor and process for a few seconds.
3- Then add all of the other ingredients except the last ⅓ cup bread crumbs for coating. Process a few more seconds. Everything will be well mixed and chunky texture.
4- Scoop up teaspoon sized portions and roll them into balls then press them into nugget shapes.
5- Pour bread crumbs and turmeric into a bowl and coat each nugget.
6- Cover a cookie sheet with parchment paper. Lay each nugget on the parchment but don't let them touch.
7- Bake for 20 minutes, then flip and bake for 10 more minutes.
8- Allow nuggets to cool before eating.
Did you make this recipe? please tag us on instagram @KirlySuesKitchen